Welcome to Drum Showroom Episode 16. It’s the second half of my conversation with Nick Jones of Noble & Cooley, who is the seventh generation of the family and vice president, one of just three
people who build Noble & Cooley drums. If you haven’t heard Part 1 yet, it’s easy to find: it’s Episode 15
, and I definitely recommend you listen to it first.
This second episode covers Nick’s favorite kit he’s built and the resulting CoolMount
he developed; reintroduction and evolution of the Horizon
and Solid Shell
series kits, acquisition of Witt Percussion and the resulting Walnut
snares, the N&C Alloy snare drum
, their new branded logo option, a look into their product development process, and some news about a new offering: Walnut drum sets!
Noble & Cooley has generously extended two special offers for listeners of the show. You can use promo code DRUMSHOWROOM to get 50% off all accessories
, and promo code DRUMSHOWROOM1 to get 15% off all Web Special drums
at noblecooley.com through the end of 2017.
In this episode:
- New partnership with Sennheiser
- Skipping NAMM… they’re too busy making drums!
- Nick’s favorite kit he built for his brother
- Inspiration for the CoolMount, on which Nick and N&C hold a patent
- Bringing back Horizon series drums
- Solid Shell kits and expanding into deeper and larger drums… now including bass drums!
- The N&C Alloy snare drum
- The newly offered branded “burned” N&C logo option
- The product development process at N&C
- New Walnut drum sets! Available in 13/16/22 only for now, in February 2018.
- Exploring chestnut for possible limited production